8:00am - 5:00pm
203.458.4200 Guilford Office
203.288.1623 Hamden Office
You Are Not Alone with Family Caregiving
We are currently recruiting participants for a new Heart Healthy Caregivers program. Details are available HERE.
VNA Community Healthcare's free Caregiver Support Network of professionals and former caregivers understand what you are going through. We believe that you can't give good care unless you first care for yourself. VNA Community Healthcare helps with:
- Free caregiver consultation, call our VNA Helpline at 1.866.474.5230 (toll free). Get information on government programs, elder law, homecare, housing, transportation and caregiver respite.
- Weekly and monthly suppor groups
- Stress-busting, fun and social Caregiver Programs. An attendee at the annual Chicken Soup for the Caregiver Soul wrote: Thank you so much for the Caregivers' Night Out and bringing sunshie into my day!
- Newsletter with the latest on caregiving issues and concerns.
- Free seminars -- practical tips you can use immediately.
- Caregiver Resource Centers with books and videos.
- Adult Day Care at The Strong House in Madison
- Buddy match -- moral support from a trained former caregivers.
A free caregiver consultation is a great way to begin. Contact 203.458.5950 or email. We learn about your caregiver challenges and guide you to the resources you need.
Caregiver Self-Assessment Questionnaire
PDF Document, 199 kB
Planning ahead for long term care
PDF Document, 127 kB
Family Caregiver's Bill of Rights
September 24, 2014
Providing care for a senior family member or friend can be a real commitment. But it doesn't mean that you have to give up your entire life. Keep of copy of the attached Bill of ... [ more ]
Elder Care Worry Scale
September 18, 2014
Caring for an aging parent or other adult family member might mean you aren’t taking enough care of yourself. If you’re tired all the time and increasingly frustrated with navigating the healthcare maze, VNA Community ... [ more ]
Become a Health Care Advocate
June 30, 2014
A free 32-page booklet on how to become a patient advocate is available on the Web site of VNA Community Healthcare or by calling 1.866.474.5230 (toll-free in CT). Additional tips and guidance attached below. VNA Community ... [ more ]